National Rifle Association - Support your Second Amendment Rights to have and bear arms!
During the “War of Northern Aggression” known by some as the American Civil War, it was common knowledge that troops of the Confederacy displayed marksmanship skills that far surpassed those of the Union troops. After all, boys like my great grandfather had grown up in a primarily agrarian society and hunted the woodlands, the mountains and plains for much of the meat that was put on the table. Northern lads were primarily city boys and though they had far more equipment due to much greater manufacturing capabilities in northern states, for the most part they “couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun standing on the inside” as granddaddy used to say.
After war times, deeply troubled by a lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. It's primary goal would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial of the day written by Col. Church.
And so began the NRA, America’s leading firearms training organization. Since it’s inception the NRA has grown to be much more. Today the NRA is known at America’s preeminent shooting, training, educational and public service organization fostering the safe, responsible ownership and use of firearms.
NRA membership has included seven U. S. Presidents, several U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justices, scores of members of Congress and Senate and a very long list of America’s very best and brightest in fields of diplomacy, military science criminal justice and law enforcement as well as millions upon millions of average U. S. Citizens like your self and many of your neighbors.
|The goals of the NRA have not changed dramatically over the last 130+ years. They are to:
· Protect and defend our Constitution especially in respect of Second Amendment rights which establishes what many Americans today see as America’s original Homeland Security.
· Promote public safety, law and order and national defense
· Train citizens and members of law enforcement agencies and U.S. Armed Forces in safe handling and efficient use of firearms
· Promote hunter safety and proper wildlife management and
· Foster and promote shooting sports at local, state, national and international levels.
Click on image below, or HERE to take advantage of special discounts!